httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Installation of Apache 2.0 on Linux with SSL support is failing
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 11:02:42 GMT

Hi ,

I am trying to install apache 2.0.50 on Linux. Since I read is somewhere
that the current version doesn't require Open ssl. I gave in option

./configure --prefix=/home/siva/apache --enable-so --enable-cg i
--enable-info --enable-rewrite --enable-speling --enable-usertrack
--enable-deflate  --enable-ssl --enable-mime-magic

to configure

and then

The make command is failing saying that it wasn't able to find

Previously when I was trying to install apache 1.3.X I used to build
open ssl separately and hence the libcrypto used to be there in the root
open ssl folder.

How should I install the same on apache 2.0?

Do I need to build open ssl also ?

Do reply

Thanks in advance

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or