httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Nayak, Narayana" <narayana.na...@thomson.com>
Subject Apache proxy 2.0.48 caching issues
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:23:55 GMT
Hello,
We are in the migration stage from apache proxy 1.3.27 to 2.0.48. We are
using this software as proxy server not web server. We have identified
several issues with caching functionality in 2.0.48, however 1.3.27 is
caching the content served by web servers properly. Is there a fix already
available? If not, when can we expect it earliest?

Is there a solution available in 1.3.x for HTTP/1.1 keep alive between proxy
and web server? also the duration reporting in microseconds?

Here's the list of caching issues in 2.0.48.
1) mod_cache is included in experimental.
2) After the expiry (stale content) the proxy starts sending 404 Not Found
response for the cached content.
3) None of the garbage collection functionalities are implemented.
4) Cache Enable need to be listed for every possible domain, whereas in
1.3.x it was the other way. In 1.3.x we had to list only few domains under
NoCache, all other contents used to get cached. We have very big list of
domains to cache.

I would appreciate any earlier insight on this.

Thanks much,
Narayana Nayak