httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: mod_cache does not return a 304 Not Modified
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 01:13:39 GMT
--On Wednesday, September 8, 2004 2:51 PM -0700 Michael Corcoran
<mcorcoran@warpsolutions.com> wrote:

> I've looked at the code a little bit (Apache 2.0.50), and at first glance,
> it seems as though proper 304 response handling might not actually be fully
> implemented yet.  Is that actually the case, or am I just missing something.

You should try the APACHE_2_0_BRANCH HEAD, the latest CVS snapshots, or 2.0.51
release candidates at: <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/>

2.0.51 (coming soon) will have a bunch of changes to mod_cache that *may* fix
this.  mod_disk_cache doesn't do anything worthwhile in 2.0.50 due to a lot of
bugs and brokenness.  -- justin