httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: httpd v2.0.50 Windows binaries with mod_ssl
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:05:55 GMT
--On Tuesday, September 7, 2004 4:27 PM +1000 Jason Rigby
<sirjasonr@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found that you can get mod_ssl included as a binary if you download
> the binaries that include PHP and mod_perl. (That's how I got it
> working for me) I think mod_ssl isn't included for some strange export
> issues however I'm not sure. Anyway, let me know if you have any luck
> elsewhere.

Correct.  Unless we file the right paperwork with the US government, we can't
distribute binaries with mod_ssl enabled.  Other ASF projects are now filing
that paperwork on a regular basis (XML Security and now Derby), so it may be
useful to get in touch with them to figure out the details.

Berin Lautenbach <berin@wingsofhermes.org> has proposed an ASF-wide plan for
notifying the right authorities.  So, he'd be a good place to start.  -- justin