httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zhi Qing Wu <zhiqin...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Apache and environment variables
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:04:53 GMT
Hello,

I let a C program calling a Java class by setting
environment variable CLASSPATH, which is successful
(using command line). If I change the C program to a
Apache module and then call the same Java class
without changing CLASSPATH, C program is not able to
find the Java class (ClassNotFoundException). I doubt
the environment variable CLASSPATH has been changed
when Apache executes the C program (Apache module).

Question: How to set/verify environment variables in
Apache?

By the way, my C program need a dynamic library in a
no standard path. Will Apache affect the environment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Many thanks in advance,

Zhi Qing.

new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com