httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Rotatelogs crashes after fork() and execve() on Solaris/Intel
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:51:07 GMT
On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 04:52:51PM -0700, Michael Corcoran wrote:
> I've also attached a trace of the process after applying a patch that
> I've been using for a while (since version 2.0.49, or something).  Here
> is the patch to ./srclib/apr/threadproc/unix/proc.c

I think the correct fix is to backport the change to use
APR_SHELLCMD_ENV from HEAD; this patch should also fix the problem with
the 2.0.51 APR unchanged:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/log.c?r1=1.144&r2=1.147

I don't think anyone was aware that this problem could cause
segfaults...

joe