httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Removing the Experimental MPMs in 2.2?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:33:59 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 18:12 +0200, Matthieu Estrade wrote:
> > Considering some experimental stuff is sometimes stable on some
> > plateform and still experimental because unstable on others, it could be
> > better to keep them in, just for users who want to try and help. If
> > these modules are deleted, some people will refuse to upgrade because
> > they will not find features they need (ex cache or ldap)...
> >

> I was only talking about the MPMs, not the other experimental Modules.
> (cache, ldap, etc).  These modules are a separate subject. I believe
> ldap has already been moved out of experimental in 2.1, and mod_cache is
> going to move out too.

Still, the whole idea of having an experimental subdir for
all modules is to increase the likely-hood of people playing
around with the and to encourage development on them. If the
modules that had been in experimental hadn't stayed there, I
doubt if work would have been done on them to allow them to
graduate :)