httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Francois PESCE <fp-axilia...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: About mod_setenvif in general, application to mod_deflate in particular.
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:50:18 GMT
Ok, it's why the subject of this mail was "mod_setenvif in general,
application to mod_deflate in particular." the full  problem included
check of content-length (in some conditions you may not want to compress
300Mb files for example). But in some condition you may also want to set
nokeepalive (or ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
... ) according to some response headers (for some obscur reasons :).

I find that mod_setenvif is a really nice way to act according to the
response headers, the same way it works with input headers, I know that
the headers may change according to the filters chain, but it works with
request headers that may change through the input filters, so it is
logical for me to develop the same feature for the response headers :)

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

- Francois PESCE