httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving httpd-2.0 to Subversion
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 22:48:52 GMT
On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 02:20, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> +1  Subversion still lacks a few features in commit notices, and
>      I don't see the equivalent of viewcvs diff (must be hidden
>      somewhere), but the developer interaction is much better.
>
> What are we going to use for trunk names?  httpd-1.3 and httpd-2?
> I wonder how hard it would be to make cvs2svn overlay apache-1.*
> with httpd-2.* into one httpd repo.

Not too hard.

> Probably not worth it given all of the parallel development.

Well, I'd rather see us using something like this:

  httpd/
    apreq/
      trunk/
      branches/
      tags/
    dist/
    httpd/
      trunk/   <- this is where 2.x aka HEAD lives
      branches/
        1.2    <- good old 1.2
        1.3    <- this is where the trunk/HEAD of 1.3 lives
        1.3.32 <- branch for the current release in progress,
                  moved to tags when voted for release.
        2.0    <- this is where the trunk/HEAD of 2.0 lives
        2.0.52 <- branch for the current release in progress,
                  moved to tags when voted for release.
      tags/
        1.3.0
        1.3.31
        2.0.10
        2.0.51
    mod_ldap/
    mod_mbox/
    mod_proxy/
    mod_python/
    site/
    test/

Ofcourse this doesn't spell out everything, but should give a general
idea.  Comments?

Sander