httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Francois PESCE <fp-axilia...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject About mod_setenvif in general, application to mod_deflate in particular.
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:15:31 GMT
	Hi,

    Today, mod_setenvif does not provide a way to "set environment
variable if" something is interesting in response headers.

For example, in a reverse proxy architecture, this feature may allow to
gzip/deflate documents according to their Content-Type, and not only to
the request-uri or other client-side provided information that may hide
the real content of what is requested (documents requested via a web
applications are good examples too).

I find that the obvious location to put this feature is mod_setenvif
because of its name, and of the way it is used now worldwide to set the
"no-gzip" env.

As I developed this feature (because my company need it anyway) I
provide it to you the patch to have some feed-back about it and if your
community may want to incorporate it in the httpd source tree.

The patch is attached, as well as a commented version to explain what
and why I did this or that.

- Francois PESCE