httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Bundling APR in 2.2
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:06:47 GMT
In most of the Apache 2.0.XX releases, we have been using a CVS snapshot
of APR and APR-Util.

I would like to make it an official policy that for the 2.2 cycle, we
will never use a CVS snapshot of APR.

I believe we should still bundle APR and APR-Util with HTTPd, but we
should only use the released versions of each.

This will keep it easy for end users, because APR will still be bundled
in our Source Distribution.

It will also make life much easier for System Packagers.  If we only use
released versions, APR and APR-Util can be easily placed into separate
packages.  This will become more important as more standalone
applications use APR.

Comments/Objections?

-Paul Querna