httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <>
Subject Re: BUG? buffer logs and signals
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:06:28 GMT
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:37:23 -0400, Brian Akins <> wrote:
> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> >if not appropriate to run the normal file cleanups at child exit, then
> >mod_log_config could have a child exit hook to flush buffered log
> >files
> >

> Does child_exit exist in 2.0?

s/child_exit hook/cleanup registered by child init hook on the pchild
pool passed to that hook/

if plog pool is actually cleaned up in the child, then there shouldn't
be code to write in Apache since the log file was opened using the
plog pool, and the standard file cleanup will flush any buffered data

(I must be missing something somewhere ;)  also, did you hit the
problem only with child processes that the parent terminated via
SIGKILL, or with arbitrary child processes)

View raw message