httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BUG? buffer logs and signals
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:20:56 GMT
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:10:14 -0400, Brian Akins <bakins@web.turner.com> wrote:
> I know buffered logs is experimental, but I found a "feature."  If the
> parent has to send SIGTERM or SIGKILL to a child, the child does not
> flush it's buffer.  Is there any quick fix?

there's no fix at all for flushing buffers when the child exits due to
SIGKILL...

hmmm, the log file gets opened in the parent, so the file cleanup
which flushes the buffers definitely runs in the parent (not useful ;)
)  does the file cleanup run in the child too?  maybe not; only the
pchild pool gets cleaned up IIRC

if not appropriate to run the normal file cleanups at child exit, then
mod_log_config could have a child exit hook to flush buffered log
files