httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Smart filtering and mod_filter
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:27:48 GMT

I've made some further updates both to the code and documentation
since posting.  One change is to support inserting a harness anywhere
in the filter chain.  This addresses the point Graham raised about
having two separate mechanisms: it means the old mechanism can be
entirely replaced (provided of course I provide easy-reading
"howto upgrade" documentation).

I would find this easier if it were under CVS, and I'd like to put
it under httpd CURRENT, at modules/experimental/mod_filter.c (plus
the corresponding documentation pages, of course).  That should help
with integration ahead of 2.2, including test-driving with existing
filter modules, and will make it easier to coordinate the API
updates in util_filter.

Is this something that wants a vote?  Anyone else have strong
feelings for or against putting mod_filter under CVS?

--
Nick Kew