httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: AddOutputFilterByType oddness
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:13:28 GMT
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Nick Kew wrote:

> I actually have an implementation based on the discussion document and
> addressing the concerns people raised in the thread.  I hope to find
> time to finish the accompanying documentation and post it here round
> about this coming weekend.

OK, since you seem to have a real-life use for it, here goes.  As I
said before, I wasn't planning to post without a little more testing
and accompanying documents and discussion, but what the ****?
I'm sure I'll regret this premature posting ....

Mini-Synopsis:

# 1. Declare a smart filter that dispatches on Content-Type
FilterDeclare	myfilter	Content-Type

# 2. Declare your filter as a Provider, to run whenever Content-Type
#    includes the string "text/html"
FilterProvider	myfilter	STRIP	$text/html

# 3. Set the smart filter chain to this filter where you want to apply it
<Location scope-of-your-proxy>
	FilterChain	=myfilter
</Location>

--