httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for Smart Filtering
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:57:56 GMT
On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Eli Marmor wrote:

> Great idea, Nick.
>
> By the way: Is it possible to integrate it with mod_rewrite, of course
> after extending mod_rewrite a little?  This may save us the need to
> invent new directives (e.g. FilterProvider, FilterDispatche, etc.).
> After all, mod_rewrite has a very sophisticated system to define
> conditions.

That's something that's been floating around the back of my mind.

I wouldn't want it to be dependent on mod_rewrite.  But if dispatch
were managed internally from the env table, then mod_rewrite/setenvif
could be used to configure it, by those who need that level of
flexibility.

I haven't figured out how I'd implement that ...

--
Nick Kew