httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: POST without Content-Length
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 07:35:40 GMT
--On Saturday, August 7, 2004 9:18 AM +0200 Jan Kratochvil
<rcpt-dev.AT.httpd.apache.org@jankratochvil.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately httpd proxy will forward it de"chunked" although it will not
> fill-in any "Content-Length". httpd is no longer to handle it on its input
> afterwards.
> The sniffed forwarded request is at:
> 	http://www.jankratochvil.net/priv/SonyEricssonP900-forwarded.HTTPrequest
> .gz

That's a slightly different story.  2.1 has the fix for this (proxy_http.c
r1.166), but it never got back ported to 2.0.

2.0's STATUS says:
 * Rewrite how proxy sends its request to allow input bodies to
   morph the request bodies.  Previously, if an input filter
   changed the request body, the original C-L would be sent which
   would be incorrect.

   Due to HTTP compliance, we must either send the body T-E: chunked
   or include a C-L for the request body.  Connection: Close is not
   an option. [jerenkrantz    2002/12/08 21:37:27]
   +1: stoddard, striker, jim
   -1: brianp (we need a more robust solution than what's in 2.1 right now)
       jerenkrantz (should be fixed, but I don't have time to do this)

At this date (about 20 months later), I have no earthly idea what was
wrong.  But, I'd suggest trying httpd-2.0 HEAD (aka httpd-2.1) and see if
that fixes it.  Perhaps someone can remember why I agreed with Brian and
what I never fixed...  ;-)  -- justin