httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: POST without Content-Length
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:31:34 GMT
On Saturday, August 7, 2004, at 05:21  PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> This whole thread started due to a commercial GSM mobile phone:
> Configuration/CLDC-1.0 Rev/MR4
>
> , it sends HTTP/1.1 "chunked" requests to its HTTP proxy although you
> will
> access general web sites. The "chunked" body is apparently created on
> the fly,
> each "chunk" as a specific body element generated by a part of P900
> code.

So stick a proxy in front of it that waits for the entire body
on every request and converts it to a content-length.  I am not
saying that it isn't possible -- it is just stupid for a
general-purpose proxy to do that (just as it is stupid to deploy
a cell phone with such a lazy HTTP implementation).

....Roy