httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: AddOutputFilterByType oddness
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:40:39 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>> Putting on an end user hat I see no reason why AddOutputFilterByType
>> shouldn't do exactly what it says it does.

> I believe it has more to do with mod_proxy than the filter design.  No
> one, at the time we added AddOutputFilterByType, wanted to rewrite
> mod_proxy to be knowledgeable about filters.

I wrote mod_proxy to be knowledgeable about filters shortly after v2.0
came about, it was one of the first major modules to support filters.

> Ultimately, all that is needed is a call to ap_set_content_type() before
> any bytes are written to the client to get AddOutputFilterByType to
> work. Perhaps with the recent momentum behind mod_proxy work, someone
> could investigate that and get mod_proxy fixed.

ap_set_content_type() is called on line 769 of proxy_http.c:

if ((buf = apr_table_get(r->headers_out, "Content-Type"))) {
     ap_set_content_type(r, apr_pstrdup(p, buf));
}

Is there anything else that needs to be done to make
AddOutputFilterByType to work?

Is apr_table_get() case sensitive?

Regards,
Graham