httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject AddOutputFilterByType oddness
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:54:32 GMT
Hi all,

I have just set up the most recent httpd v2.0.51-dev tree, and have
configured a filter that strips leading whitespace from HTML:

AddOutputFilterByType STRIP text/html

The content is served by mod_proxy.

This seems to work fine for HTML requests, but I have noticed that this
filter is also being applied to images as well (thus corrupting them).
Why would the above directive apply to all content, instead of text/html
only as is configured?

Looking at the following docs:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#addoutputfilterbytype

it says that filters are not applied by proxied requests (It does not
give a reason why not). From the test above however this statement is
false, filters are applied to proxy requests - all proxied requests.

Am I doing something wrong, or is AddOutputFilterByType broken?

Regards,
Graham