httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:10:13 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:

>     Do we care about backporting the overhaul into the 2.0 tree?  I
> don't see that it really buys us anything unless you think that it is
> necessary in order to get auth_ldap out of experimental.  After I get
> the latest util-ldap fixes backported, that should get mod_auth_ldap
> working in 2.0.  Once it actually works, I think we can then propose
> that it is moved out of experimental.

In theory it doesn't really buy us anything no - it depends on how
strongly people feel about the fooness in the LDAP code being removed
from APR v0.9.4, but as to my knowledge there has never been an ASF
blessed release of the 0.9 branch of APR, so in theory there would be no
point.

>     The next thing that needs to be done would be to rework
> mod_auth_ldap so that it complies with the rest of the 2.1 auth module
> structure.    The util-ldap overhaul could be considered part of that
> work and only be available in 2.1.  Thoughts?

That definitely is next - as mod_auth_ldap is currently non functional
in v2.1 due to it not following the authn/authz convention.

Regards,
Graham