httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de>
Subject accept-encoding: identity doesn't work
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:21:25 GMT
Hello,

I'm working with Apache 1.3.29 and while testing with a self-build
http-client, I noticed that Apache doesn't respond correctly according
to the accept-encoding header. The RFCs say, that if the Accept-Encoding
header is empty or if Accept-Encoding header is "identity", no coding
shall be done. So I was sending a HTTP/1.1-POST request with
"Accept-Encoding: identity" and "Accept-Encoding: ", but Apache
responded (and coded acordingly) with "Transfer-Encoding: chunked". Did
I miss anything? That's not, what's defined in the RFCs, right? I'm not
sure if this is a bug or if I'm just getting it wrong.

Regards
Marten