httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Taking a broom to our modules was Re: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:18:47 GMT
--On Tuesday, July 20, 2004 10:19 PM +0200 André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> the old outdated NCSA config directives? We add and add and add code -- which
> is not actually bad. But where's the man with the broom?

Sounds a like job for someone.  How about nominating modules for removal in
2.1, or at the very least split them off to an 'unmaintained' distribution?
We can leave them there, but boot them out of our 'core' distribution.  2.0
saw the introduction of mod_dav and mod_ssl - two fairly large modules, but no
real reductions elsewhere.

My #1 vote is to throw mod_rewrite clear off the island.  =)  -- justin