httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: ARM4 module for Apache 2, any interest?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:26:00 GMT
On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 12:08:40PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> One thought on 2.2 was to simply not place any unfinished modules on that
> branch, and let them live on in the 2.1-dev (well, that becomes 2.3-dev once
> 2.2.0 is golden), until it can be released.  The modules can live in the "right
> location" in a 2.odd-dev tree from their inception.

Big +1 on that - no matter how much we try to warn people off using certain
modules or mpm's (think perchild) there's still going to be a significant
number of people ignoring that warning.
Perhaps something like jakarta commons / sandbox would be useful for those
modules that doesn't need incubation, but are not quite at a state where
we would want to distribute them? It would probably also make tings easier
for bringing in new committers.

just my kr .02

vh

Mads Toftum