httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: httpd-2.2 release roadmap v0.1
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:10:35 GMT
* "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> Working backwards and allowing a little time for slip:
>
> Nov 1:  Planned final RC tarball for release of 2.2.0
>
> Oct 1:  Code freeze of all new features in 2.1-dev (for a month till we
>            branch head to 2.2.0 and bless HEAD as 2.3-dev)
>
> Thoughts?

I'd say, let's start with 2.1 versions first and see what people say about it.
We've never released something from 2.1 yet, so it sounds a _little_ bit fast.

There are also some showstoppers in 2.1 which I don't see resolved until
Oct 1 or Nov 1. IIRC Nick had also a kind of roadmap (?) posted some weeks
ago.This one should also reviewed.

As a better way I think, we should start to write down, what our plans for 2.2
really *are*. Just to say "feature freeze" is not really enough (and
experience shows, that it doesn't work)

my 0.02 EUR.

n "end of vacation :-/" d
--