httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: POST without Content-Length
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 09:53:26 GMT

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, [ISO-8859-15] André Malo wrote:

> * Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, [ISO-8859-15] André Malo wrote:
> >
> > > A CGI script therefore should never trust Content-Length, but just read
> > > stdin until it meets an EOF.
> >
> > That is well-known to fail in CGI.  A CGI must use Content-Length.

Folks; please!  CGI/1.0 is a crap interface. We all know that. Do not
break its semantics or make it worse; instead define a nice CGI/2.0 (and
there is a nice version number in the ENV')s, fix the input filter to
not do stupid things, and make the world a better place by introducing a
AddHandler cgi2-script .cgi or (shudder) Script2Alias.

DW