httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo>
Subject Re: POST without Content-Length
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 22:34:31 GMT
* Nick Kew <> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2004, [ISO-8859-15] André Malo wrote:
> > A CGI script therefore should never trust Content-Length, but just read
> > stdin until it meets an EOF.
> That is well-known to fail in CGI.  A CGI must use Content-Length.

Hmm. any pointers where this is specified? I didn't have any problems with
this until now - but in trusting the C-L variable.

(Besides the fact, that Content-Length doesn't need to be set).

Wenn nur Ingenieure mit Diplom programmieren würden, hätten wir
wahrscheinlich weniger schlechte Software.
Wir hätten allerdings auch weniger gute Software.
                                   -- Felix von Leitner in dasr

View raw message