httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kratochvil <rcpt-dev.AT.httpd.apache....@jankratochvil.net>
Subject Re: POST without Content-Length
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:21:55 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:50:13 +0200, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > On the contrary!  I myself have done a great deal of work on a proxy
> > for mobile devices, for a household-name Client.  The client software
> > makes certain assumptions of the proxy that would not be valid on the
> > Web at large.  But the backend *is* the web at large.
>
> But then the client is either using non-standard HTML forms or
> non-standard HTTP, neither of which is our concern.

This whole thread started due to a commercial GSM mobile phone:

, it sends HTTP/1.1 "chunked" requests to its HTTP proxy although you will
access general web sites. The "chunked" body is apparently created on the fly,
each "chunk" as a specific body element generated by a part of P900 code.

Lace

--
Jan Kratochvil; Captive: free r/w NTFS Filesystem; http://www.jankratochvil.net/