httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kratochvil <rcpt-dev.AT.httpd.apache....@jankratochvil.net>
Subject POST without Content-Length
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 06:49:38 GMT
Hi,

according to RFC2616 (HTTP/1.1) section 4.4 it is valid to do POST method
without specifying Content-Length. Mobile phone SonyEricsson P900 sends such
requests to its specified WAP proxy (behaving in HTTP way - I assume a bug):
	http://www.jankratochvil.net/priv/SonyEricssonP900.HTTPrequest.gz

Unfortunately no httpd/apache or squid versions support such requests.
* httpd assumes no body at all and tries to interpret the message body as
  another HTTP request.
* squid complains with 411 (length required)

I tried to workaround it by the attached mod_perl input handler but it has some
issues. I expect httpd C core should be fixed instead. Will be the patch
accepted? Is anyone willing to patch it? :-)

Regards,
Lace

--
Jan Kratochvil; Captive: free r/w NTFS Filesystem; http://www.jankratochvil.net/