httpd-dev mailing list archives

From mam...@vol.cz
Subject logging actually transferred bytes
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 23:23:36 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to process apache logs to find the total of transferred data for
each member. The files are large and downloads are often stopped and resumed,
downloaded in segments, etc...

I noticed that %b directive in CustomLog *should* mean "Bytes sent, excluding
HTTP headers" but it doesn't seem to work like this. I think it just mean
Content-Length returned in HTTP-response.

Is there a way to get accurate number of bytes actually transferred (taking
into account cancelled and partial downloads)?

Regards, Stan