httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mathihalli, Madhusudan" <mad...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Increasing LimitRequestFieldsize
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:54:06 GMT

: -----Original Message-----
: From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
: On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
:
: > --On Sunday, August 15, 2004 7:30 PM -0700 "Mathihalli, Madhusudan"
: > <madhum@hp.com> wrote:
: >
: >> I thought the 8K limit was a compile-time constant.
: >
: >
: <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestfieldsize>
: >
: > 8190 is just our default.  HTH.  -- justin
:
: But note that you can't raise it from the config-file default
: without recompiling to change the compile-time default
: (DEFAULT_LIMIT_REQUEST_FIELDSIZE) which is also 8k.

Exactly (I should've been more clear. Thanks Joshua !) .. I have a
request to change the compile-time value (for hp-ux) to 32K, and I don't
know if it's safe enough..

:
: It might make sense to increase the compile-time default
: while retaining 8k as the config-file default.  (But this
: would probably require changing the name of the constant to
: avoid confusing people.)

It's precisely what I was planning to do. Has somebody tried something
like that (I mean: do you see any security issues around it) ?

Thanks
-Madhu