httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: AddOutputFilterByType oddness
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:02:50 GMT
--On Tuesday, August 24, 2004 12:20 PM +0200 Graham Leggett
<minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> Putting on an end user hat I see no reason why AddOutputFilterByType
> shouldn't do exactly what it says it does.

I believe it has more to do with mod_proxy than the filter design.  No one,
at the time we added AddOutputFilterByType, wanted to rewrite mod_proxy to
be knowledgeable about filters.

Ultimately, all that is needed is a call to ap_set_content_type() before
any bytes are written to the client to get AddOutputFilterByType to work.
Perhaps with the recent momentum behind mod_proxy work, someone could
investigate that and get mod_proxy fixed.  -- justin