httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Connection reset by peer errors in 2.0.50
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:18:11 GMT

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Dan Wilga wrote:
> [Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [info] Initial (No.1) HTTPS request received for
> child 0 (server [server name]:443)
> [Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [info] (104)Connection reset by peer:
> core_output_filter: writing data to the network
> [Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [error] 5894: ModPerl::Registry: Software caused
> connection abort at [path to script and line number].\n
> [Fri Jul 02 11:14:30 2004] [error] 5894: ModPerl::Registry: Software caused
> connection abort at [path to script and line number].\n

> If you have ideas about the possible cause of this problem, I can privately
> email you an error log of the SSL session produced with "LogLevel debug". I
> can also send you the environment variables at the time of the error.

I don't really understand what the problem is.  The "Connection reset by
peer" is a perfectly normal condition resulting from -- as you've already
figured out -- the client going away in the middle of the response.  The
only thing that I see wrong here is that your mod_perl stuff is generating
a message at loglevel "error" which is really not an error condition.
You'd probably need to address that on the mod_perl list.

Is there some particular problem you are seeing other than just the
existence of the error messages?

Joshua.