httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Ideas for Smart Filtering
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:32:32 GMT

The filter architecture periodically gets discussed here, and I've
been meaning to write up my thoughts for some time.  I'm using a
module that implements a slightly different filter API, primarily
for filtering in a proxy context.

I've now written a brief discussion document on the subject.  It's
mostly an abstraction of what I'm currently using, although it does
propose some additional improvements, primarily with regard to
protocol handling (reflecting the recent byteranges thread here).

It generated an interesting discussion, including some interesting
alternative ideas, last night on IRC.  Perhaps it can lead to a
general-purpose module for 2.0 and an architecture update for 2.2?

http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/smart-filter

--
Nick Kew