httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:04:34 GMT
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Henri Gomez wrote:

[ chopped tomcat-dev because that bounces my mail ]

> > As a startingpoint, how about telling us what tomcat needs that
> > mod_proxy and friends don't provide?
>
> In mod_jk/jk2, there is support for load-balancing and fault-tolerance
> and it's a key feature.

Good start.

I'm guessing you're ahead of me here, and your reason for posting to
dev@httpd is that you can see that implementing these capabilities
will be of general interest to more than just tomcat users?

My gut feeling would be to keep this properly modular.  Let mod_proxy
be the core of it, and implement load-balancing and fault-tolerance
in additional modules.  As a matter of fact, one of my wishlist-projects
is a connection-pooling module for backend HTTP connections in a proxy.
That might actually be the same as your project.

--
Nick Kew