httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/filters mod_deflate.c
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:47:45 GMT
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Joe Orton wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 03:22:35PM -0000, niq@apache.org wrote:
> > niq         2004/07/17 08:22:35
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/filters mod_deflate.c
> >   Log:
> >   Fix previous patch to deal correctly with multiple empty brigades before
> >   we know if there's any content, and not re-process the headers.
>
> Is there no simpler fix for this e.g. first thing the filter does is "if
> (APR_BRIGADE_EMPTY(bb)) return APR_SUCCESS;".  And to avoid the

Yes, that should work (but leaves us to reprocess the whole thing next
time round).  Is that better or worse?  Or come to think of it, we can
both return APR_SUCCESS and set a flag.

> re-process issue just ap_remove_output_filter(f) if finding an EOS-only
> brigade?

Do you recollect the discussion around when that patch went in?
I don't in full, but I had a nagging recollection of someone having
proposed a simpler solution but found it didn't work.  Just enough
to persuade me to preserve the loop-over-buckets test.

--
Nick Kew