httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <efl...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:44:57 GMT
Hi,
> 1. Fantastic documentation. I cannot stress this enough. Hell, I'd even
> volunteer for this part. The module iteself could be poorly implemented,
> problematic to compile, and have truly silly defaults, but if it was
> incredibly well and clearly documented, I'd use it over mod_jk2 starting
> tomorrow.
I agree that the docu about mod_jk2 is somewhat poor....

> 2. Barring my comments in 1, a module that really and truly works, and
> has useful out-of-the-box (or freshly-compiled) defaults. (Maybe even,
> by defalt, *only* passes servelt/JSP requests to tomcat, and lets Apache
> handle the rest automatically.)
although I'm not happy with all defaults of mod_jk2, I think you can very simply get the base
connection to Tomcat up; we started with a simple how-to for NetWare, and later coned it for
Win32 (tehse are both typical binary consument platforms where admins usually do not have
such an insight as perhaps Unix admins):
http://www.gknw.com/development/apache/docs/win32/mod_jk2/
if you look at the to ways we mentioned you can see that it's not so hard to get mod_jk2 up
than you might think...

f.e. if you rename this to workers2.properties:
http://www.gknw.com/development/apache/docs/win32/mod_jk2/min_w2.properties
and put it into your apache2 conf dir then mod_jk2 will pick that up automatically without
further config, and you should already be able to browse Tomcat samples or docu though the
connector...

can this be more simple??

Guenter.