httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:31:59 GMT
Guernsey, Byron (GE Consumer & Industrial) wrote:

> We are using mod_proxy and a patched mod_rewrite to do sticky load balancing.  Mod_rewrite
 > supports cookies, but not session based cookies.  I added this
functionality and posted the
 > patch here (see "mod_rewrite cookie patch (PR#28391)")- still trying
to figure out how to
 > get it included in the httpd.

Post it to bugzilla so the patch doesn't fall through the cracks, then
follow up with a message to dev@httpd.apache.org so as to generate some
discussion - you might have to do this more than once.

> I would find it very useful if keepalive connections were supported in mod_proxy.

They are, but only if the client was using keepalives. This might change
to a full connection pool at a later stage.

Regards,
Graham