httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:02:59 GMT
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> I see in ap_proxy_http_handler() that DECLINED allows to try another. Is
> there somewhere an example of a configuration using it?

ap_proxy_http_handler() is found in mod_proxy_http, which is the helper
module that handles the HTTP protocol in the proxy framework. You will
find a corresponding ap_proxy_ftp_handler() inside mod_proxy_ftp.
mod_proxy tries each handler in turn until one of the handlers says "I
can serve this URL, I'll take it".

ap_proxy_http_handler() will return DECLINED if the URL of the backend
is not http: or https:, allowing mod_proxy_ftp, mod_proxy_connect or a
potential mod_proxy_ajp to have a go at trying serve the URL.

Regards,
Graham