httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu Estrade <mestr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_cache: allowing urls ending in "/" to be cached
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:08:40 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>> Because the cache_in filter gets added in the quick_handler.  The
>>> fast_internal_redirect in mod_dir which translates / to /index.html
>>> (or whatever) seems to lose this filter, so it never gets cached.
>>

>> Then I'd say the fix should be to teach mod_dir to not lose the cache
>> filter.
>

> As we're not using mod_dir in production, I wouldn't know how that
> would be affected by it.
>
>     Pier

+1 . i already did this patch and it work weel in production use. But we
don't use mod_dir.
We discussed here about this many times, and nobody found a real problem
when caching / ending url. Maybe it's time to do the patch =)

In case some people would still not cache the /, i did a patch with a
directive CacheSlashEndingUrl On/Off.
If someone is interested by, let me say.

Regards,
Matthieu