httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: A question about Change Log file!
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:37:07 GMT
Yaqian Shen wrote:

> Is there anyone can tell me how Apache project generates CHANGES file
> for each release? Does this file cover all the changes that have been
> made since the last release? Or it only selects some of revisions to
> be included in the CHANGES file? If it is the latter, what is the
> criteria to selected the contents?

It lists user-visible changes since the last release.  This includes any
fixes for bugs which are deemed by the fixer as likely to occur, as well
as any enhancements (new API or config directive or smarter processing
or whatever).  As someone commits the source code change, they decide
whether or not it warrants a mention in the CHANGES file.

Occasionally some useful fix will not show up in CHANGES (bad);
occasionally some fix for a problem introduced after the last release
will be listed (confusing).

Note also that many changes important to Apache httpd are implemented in
libapr/libaprutil, which have different CHANGES files within the Apache
httpd source distribution.

So what prompted your question?  A question/concern about a particular
change which is [not] listed?