httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Bug 24801
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:13:05 GMT
Jess Holle wrote:

> I've not tested 2.0.51-dev yet -- as 2.0.50 just came out a short while
> ago...

There was a big change to the LDAP stuff that was landed after 2.0.50
shipped, there were questions about whether an MMN bump was needed, thus
the holdoff till v2.0.51.

> I do not believe this particular issue is due to locking as my test does
> 2500 requests *in series* from a single client thread, so no concurrency
> issues should be getting triggered.

Can you confirm whether keepalives are being used in your test? A single
client with no keepalives will quite possibly use different httpd
processes/threads for each request, bringing locking issues into play.
If keepalives are used, there may be limits as to the number of requests
either the client or httpd is willing to service over that keepalive
connection, which again means different httpd threads/processes come
into play again, and we're back into locking territory.

Which mpm is your httpd using?

> Understood.  I just wanted to make sure that 24801 didn't get closed out
> automatically when a lower-level cause of it is closed.

I think this bug will only be closed out when all the people on it
(including you) have said "works for me".

Regards,
Graham