httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Bug 24801
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:51:45 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:

> Jess Holle wrote:
>
>> Bug 24801 is still present in Apache 2.0.50.  [See my additional
>> notes in the report.]
>
> And the stuff that landed in v2.0.51-dev? There is an overhaul of
> locking in there that has potentially fixed a lot of problems.

I've not tested 2.0.51-dev yet -- as 2.0.50 just came out a short while
ago...

I do not believe this particular issue is due to locking as my test does
2500 requests *in series* from a single client thread, so no concurrency
issues should be getting triggered.

> Remember that bug 24801 doesn't describe a discrete bug, but common
> behaviour caused by many bugs. The behaviour is only going to
> disappear when we've nailed the final bug, so the only thing I can
> recommend right now is to keep trying until the last bug is squashed.

Understood.  I just wanted to make sure that 24801 didn't get closed out
automatically when a lower-level cause of it is closed.

--
Jess Holle