httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: Some Oprofile results
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:21:00 GMT
Jean-Jacques Clar wrote:

> Would you please share with us some info on that
> optimized caching module.

I'll say what I can.  I'm hoping I can GPL it.

> Is mod_url_cache a modified copy of the current ones?

No.  It borrows some ideas from various other modules, including
mod_cache and mod_file_cache.

> Why are the current ones not fulfilling your needs?

In our situation, we know alot about the data that is being cached, so
we can be more aggressive with caching.  mod_cache cannot cache url that
end in /, so it would not help us.  Also, mod_cache (either disk or mem)
were too slow for us.  mod_url_cache (I couldn't come up with a better
name) can fill up two Gigabit interfaces on our Opterons and still have
~25% CPU idle time.

--
Brian Akins
Senior Systems Engineer