httpd-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: libtool (jlibtool)
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 07:44:00 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 03:35:30PM +0200, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>
>>I am using jlibtool and I have found something weird in httpd:
>>In Makefile.in:
>>+++
>>        cp build/*.mk $(DESTDIR)$(installbuilddir); \
>>        sed 's#LIBTOOL = \(.*\)#LIBTOOL = $(SHELL)
>>        $(installbuilddir)/libtool $(LTFLAGS)#' \
>>            build/config_vars.mk >
>>            $(DESTDIR)$(installbuilddir)/config_vars.mk; +++
>

> The aim is to ensure that the LIBTOOL variable in the installed
> config_vars.mk points at the installed copy of the libtool script.

Yes, but I see 3 problems:
- On os2 host configure uses aplibtool, not libtool.
- When using jlibtool the command "sh libtool" fails.
- shlibtool (in SH_LIBTOOL) is changed into libtool.

To solve those I would use 2 new variables INSTALL_LIBTOOL and
INSTALL_SH_LIBTOOL and fill them in configure by something like:
+++
INSTALL_LIBTOOL=$installbuilddir/`basename $LIBTOOL`
INSTALL_SH_LIBTOOL=$installbuilddir/`basename $LIBTOOL`
+++
and change the name of the variables at installation:
LIBTOOL to SRC_LIBTOOL
SH_LIBTOOL to SRC_SH_LIBTOOL
INSTALL_LIBTOOL to LIBTOOL
INSTALL_SH_LIBTOOL to SH_LIBTOOL