httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: making httpd v2.0.50 binary RPMS available
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 17:12:47 GMT
Sander Temme wrote:

> Well, the only delta is the SPEC file, right?

Correct.

> How about publishing your
> RPMs, pointing out that they represent a small delta w.r.t. the 2.0.50
> tag, and rolling a patch representing those changes?
>
> That way, we have viable RPMs available, and if folks want to roll their
> own they'd simply apply the patch to get up to parity with what you did.

I have created a signed SRPM file, which is the original v2.0.50 source
file + the spec file used to create the RPM (the spec file including the
delta, the source file being the version as released and signed by ASF).

What I can do is provide the SRPM and a README explaining the story.

Regards,
Graham