httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Manni Wood" <mw...@digitas.com>
Subject RE: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:01:26 GMT
I don't know how much I can stress this without sounding pedantic, but it's stuff like this
that really does make a difference in how easily I can sell Apache/Tomcat to my clients as
opposed to iPlanet/WebLogic or (shudder) IIS/something-lame.

-Manni

-----Original Message-----
From: Manni Wood [mailto:mwood@digitas.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:58 PM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev

> > Having proxy_ajp included in httpd v2.0 would be a good thing - there is
> > a base of users for it (with it's more advanced handling of things like
> > indicating secure connections, etc it's useful).

> Hmm. I'd include rather in tomcat distribution than httpd-2.0. That seems to
> be way more logical.

I'd include it in Apache, not Tomcat.

It's an apache module, after all, and I only want to have to run ./configure once, when I've
downloaded the Apache source, not a second time, after I've downloaded Tomcat.

Besides, mod_proxy_ajp (or whatever it ends up being called) can be not included by a default
./configure, so that people who don't need it don't get it, whereas people who do want it
finally have a long-standing wish fulfilled: tigher integration into Apache.

-Manni

> > And in fine if we could have proxy_ajp included in Apache 2.x
> > distribution, we'll a great step in Apache2/Tomcat integration,
> > which should be a goal for ASF members we are.
>
> Having proxy_ajp included in httpd v2.0 would be a good thing - there is
> a base of users for it (with it's more advanced handling of things like
> indicating secure connections, etc it's useful).

Hmm. I'd include rather in tomcat distribution than httpd-2.0. That seems to
be way more logical.

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"