httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Manni Wood" <mw...@digitas.com>
Subject RE: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:58:18 GMT
> > Having proxy_ajp included in httpd v2.0 would be a good thing - there is
> > a base of users for it (with it's more advanced handling of things like
> > indicating secure connections, etc it's useful).

> Hmm. I'd include rather in tomcat distribution than httpd-2.0. That seems to
> be way more logical.

I'd include it in Apache, not Tomcat.

It's an apache module, after all, and I only want to have to run ./configure once, when I've
downloaded the Apache source, not a second time, after I've downloaded Tomcat.

Besides, mod_proxy_ajp (or whatever it ends up being called) can be not included by a default
./configure, so that people who don't need it don't get it, whereas people who do want it
finally have a long-standing wish fulfilled: tigher integration into Apache.

-Manni

> > And in fine if we could have proxy_ajp included in Apache 2.x
> > distribution, we'll a great step in Apache2/Tomcat integration,
> > which should be a goal for ASF members we are.
>
> Having proxy_ajp included in httpd v2.0 would be a good thing - there is
> a base of users for it (with it's more advanced handling of things like
> indicating secure connections, etc it's useful).

Hmm. I'd include rather in tomcat distribution than httpd-2.0. That seems to
be way more logical.

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"