httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Mladen Turk" <mt...@apache.org>
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:56:34 GMT

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Although
> we create the pointer-pointer logic in the children to avoid
> this, it's still possible that the code would break some modules.
>
> I can't envision a case where any of the scoreboard entries
> are allocated outside of our scoreboard.c code.

OK, then.
I'll revert the patch and for 2.1 too, and we'll use our own shm for
loadbalancer.

Can we then create two extra hooks aka on_scoreboard_create and
on_scoreboard_attach with ap_scoreboard_e, thread and server limit params.
It will also help other modules like mod_ssl (currently using pool tag to
supress double creation on post_config).

MT.