httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Zirzow <php-gene...@zirzow.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [PHP] building php5.0 as an apache module, with mysqli functionality
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 02:23:23 GMT
* Thus wrote bruce:
> hi...
>
> this is cross posted to a number of lists as it seems to touch on all the
> apps...

Please don't do this.

> i'm trying to use the following "configure"
>
> ./configure  --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-config-file-path=/etc --with
> -mysql=/usr/include/mysql  --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config -
> -with-ldap --with-pgsql

If you read the installation at http://php.net/mysqli, you can not
include two versions of mysql and mysqli client libraries.

> the issue i'm having is that i can't get make portion to work without
> returning "multiple define" errors like
>
> [root@lserver2 php-5.0.0]# make
> /bin/sh /usr/src/php-5.0.0/libtool --silent --preserve-dup-deps --mode=link
>
> [snip way to much output ]

Can you compile mysql without mysqli and vise versa without
problems?

Curt
--
First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes
you've been hearing about.  No, sir.  Our model is the trapezoid!